Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

You Need To Scoot Out Of The Way!

, , , , , | Right | December 16, 2021

I’m working by the front, checking masks and helping point out the trolley for customers.

I see a guy limping and he seems to be in pain.

Me: “Are you okay, sir?”

Customer: “No, some stupid old woman ran over my foot!”

Me: “Oh, I’m sorry to hear that. Do you need an ambulance?”

Customer: “Oh…” *Laughs* “She was on one of those mobility things. I’m okay. It hurts like h***, though.”

I grab him a chair, and we have a few bottles of water spare, so I let him take five. I radio to let my bosses know what happened and just to be aware we might need security footage.

The guy tells us not to worry and he is feeling better, but not five minutes later, I hear an almighty crash and run outside. I see an old woman in a mobility scooter beached on one of our trolleys, parked in the trolley bay.

Old Woman: *Shouting* “Your trolleys are in the way!”

Me: “Are you okay?”

Old Woman: “No, your trolley damaged my scooter!”

Me: “Let me see if I can get help.”

I call for help. Two guys try to lift her off the trolley, but she hits them with her bag.

Old Woman: “This is assault! I’m calling the police!”

My manager told me to let her call the police. We tried to keep customers moving for fifteen minutes as she screamed at everyone to stop looking at her — which, of course, brought a bigger crowd — before the police showed up and I could get back to work.

We found out months later that she was not only drunk but way over the limit. I think she got a big fine to pay on top of damages.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!