Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

You Mean I’d Have To Make An Effort?!

, , , , | Friendly | November 15, 2021

At sixteen, I was the only one of my friends with a job. My friends were drinking and smoking whatever while I had to get to sleep early enough for an early start. They laughed at my “bedtime” and mocked my responsibilities.

A few years later, I had finally got out of the training wheels and started to earn some decent money.

Friend: “You are so lucky with your job.”

Me: “Well, I have spent years working hard and putting in the hours.”

Friend: “But I mean you’re lucky to have that job now.”

Me: “Sure, lucky.”

Friend: “I wish I could earn some money.”

Me: “I told you already: pass the drug test and turn up on time for the first six months. They are always hiring.”

Friend: “Oh, I don’t know. I’m not sure it’s for me.”

Me: “I’m not going to force you, but the vacancy is there.”

Friend: “You are so lucky.”

Me: “Sure. Lucky. Thanks.”

They never applied because they knew they couldn’t pass the test. They would tell me how hard it was to earn money yet made no effort to improve themself. We grew apart, as all they wanted to do was smoke and drink, and they somehow couldn’t understand after all these years that I couldn’t drop everything to spend time with them at 3:00 am.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!