Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

You Know, They Teach Taking Turns In Kindergarten, Part 2

, , , , , , , | Working | February 23, 2023

I am in line at a grocery store cashing out a twelve-pack. A woman walks toward me and takes her place in line. However, instead of standing behind me in line she decides to stand right beside me. The woman in front of me finishes her transaction and, what do you know, the lady beside me actually pushes past me and tries to cut me.

Honestly, in my head, I am about to just let her go because she clearly is in a much bigger rush than I, and I personally don’t mind waiting an extra two minutes. No big deal to me.

However, the awesome cashier (who has cashed me out frequently) speaks up.

Cashier: “Uh, I’m sorry, but she was waiting here before you.”

The lady scoffs and steps aside. With a huge smile, I make sure to have a nice and lengthy chat with the cashier. “How’s your day?” “Yeah, thank God it’s Friday!” “Did you do anything fun on Halloween?” And so on. She knew, and I knew.

The whole time, I felt the rushing lady’s eyes burning a hole in the back of my head, and I was just loving every minute of it.

Thanks, awesome cashier!

Related:
You Know, They Teach Taking Turns In Kindergarten

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!