Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

You Just Got Hit Über Hard By Karma

, , , , , , | Working | CREDIT: ProfileElectronic | July 25, 2022

I had a very long commute to work. Some days when I was working late, I would take a [Rideshare] home rather than go through the pain of changing several trains. It was expensive but comfortable. To keep a track of how much I was spending on [Rideshare], I had a separate bank account, and I would use only that account to pay for [Rideshare].

My manager found out during one conversation that I made only online payments to [Rideshare] and rarely carried cash on me. She decided to take advantage of this. One day, she pretended that she had lost her phone and needed to book a cab for her father. She asked if I could book it for her. I obliged — not telling her that I had opted for payment in cash rather than online payment while confirming the booking. This meant she’d have to pay for herself.

It turned out to be a good thing that I had made that switch. She kept the cab for six hours and proceeded to roam all over the city.

The next day, she asked me why I had not informed her that payment was in cash. I showed her the map of the route she had traveled and the time the cab stayed with her.

No. You are really not as smart as you think.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!