Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

You Haven’t Been A Ham

, , , | Working | December 24, 2016

(It’s the day after Boxing Day and I am at the deli in the supermarket getting some ham. I encountered the woman serving me the week prior and received a snarky, grumpy attitude. I am very patient and was as cheery as I could be, but still no smile. In the following conversation, the snarky woman never once smiles or drops the attitude.)

Snarky Woman: *rearranging pepperoni slices*

Me: *patiently waiting to be served*

Other Staff Member: “[Snarky Woman], there are people waiting.”

(The snarky woman ignores her coworker, who is unable to serve customers because she is using a big meat slicer, and continues rearranging pepperoni slices.)

Me: *still waiting patiently*

Other Staff Member: “[Snarky Woman], there are customers waiting!” *apologetic smile to customers*

Snarky Woman: *finishes rearranging pepperoni* “I was busy!” *looks at me* “What do YOU want?”

Me: “I’ll have six slices of ham, please.”

Snarky Woman: “Six?” *bags ham with attitude* “Is that all?”

Me: “Yes, thanks.”

Snarky Woman: “Here.” *hands over ham with more attitude*

Me: *finally sick of her attitude and said with as much sarcasm as possible* “You have a lovely day.”

(You have to wonder what people like her are doing in a customer service role.)


This story is part of the Boxing Day roundup!

Read the next Boxing Day roundup story!

Read the Boxing Day roundup!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!