Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

You Have A Non-Existent Drinking Problem

, , , , | Right | February 28, 2019

(I work in a family hamburger shop in a popular amusement park in my area. A customer comes in during a slower period and saunters up to the drinks area where I am at the time.)

Customer: “Could I get a blueberry-lime vodka, hold the ice?”

(As I am sixteen and could not possibly serve him that even if we had it, I think he’s joking and I try to joke back.)

Me: “Coming right up.” *takes a water cup and mixes in some different types of Vitamin Water and Sprite* “Here it is!” *jokes making a show of presenting this “fancy” drink to him* “I can’t actually give this to you, though.” *pouring it out*

Customer: “Heh…” *chuckles but continues to stand there*

Me: “So, uh, is there anything I can get you?”

Customer: “No, just the drink.”

(I realize that this customer was not, in fact, joking and wholeheartedly went into a family burger joint looking for a fancy mixed drink, and went up to the sixteen-year-old to ask for it.)

Me: “Oh… Uh, well, we don’t have that, exactly. We have beer at the stand on the patio outside, but aside from that, you probably won’t find what you’re looking for here. Sorry.”

Customer: *with his expression turning sour* “Useless kid.” *storms off*

(I was shocked at what just happened. To this day, a part of me still thinks I was sleep-deprived and hallucinated the whole thing.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!