Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

You Have A Negative-One For This Event

, , , , | Working | December 15, 2021

We had a party last night. I’m at work very tired and eating leftovers. I feel awful and I’m kicking myself for overdoing it, but my brother was in town and that never happens. All I know is that these doughnuts, the only things I could grab before I left, are not making me feel any better.

Me: “Does anyone want any of these? I can’t eat.”

Coworker: “What have you got?”

Me: “Doughnuts. I bought them yesterday for a party. But they are still good.”

My coworker murmurs under her breath, still loud enough for me to hear.

Coworker: “Didn’t get my invite.”

What I want to say is, “You didn’t get an invite because your attitude sucks and you act like everyone is beneath you. Even if it wasn’t a family-only event.”

Me: “Take them or I’ll put them out for everyone.”

Coworker: “These will do, I suppose.”

The day goes on and I’m feeling better. Later, a few of us are chatting.

Coworker #2: “Doing much this weekend?”

Me: “No, but I have Monday off, bit of a celebration.”

Coworker: “And who are you inviting to that? Not me, I guess. I wonder why that is?!”

Me: “Well, I don’t know, [Coworker]. I thought I would invite family and some of my son’s friends, seeing as it’s his fifth birthday.”

Coworker: “Mmm, sure thing. I am so sure that’s not another little lie to keep people like me excluded.”

Me: “You have a problem with me, take it up with Human Resources.”

She didn’t, but she did start complaining about me to everyone, telling random and weird lies. When she started to talk about my family, too, I’d had enough. I went to HR. A dozen people had to be called in

Her excuse in the end?! Apparently, when I started like six months ago, I looked at her funny, and I haven’t made an effort to make it up to her!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!