Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

You Don’t Need Training To Prevent Fraud

, , , , | Working | August 27, 2019

(I have been working at a smoothie place for a few months. Despite putting in that I would like to work 12 to 16 hours a week, I am lucky to work four, but I still can’t schedule social events because I’m scheduled for my full hours and get cancelled on the day of, even an hour before my shift. This has resulted in me only being trained in the register, and I am nigh completely inept at making smoothies. I do my best with what little training I have. My general manager doesn’t see a problem with this, and I have a number of issues with her. A customer comes in. I recognize her but don’t know her name, which we ask for, for the smoothies. She places her order and we have no problems doing so. She hands me a card to pay.)

Me: “All right, may I see some form of ID?”

Customer: “Oh, yeah. I left it in the car; I’ll be right back.”

Me: “Sounds good. Your smoothie should be done by the time you get back.”

(This is pretty typical procedure for me. I put the order through and run the card when they get back. This lets the customer be in and out, no hassle. The general manager comes out of the back after hearing the exchange and pipes up when the customer leaves.)

General Manager: “Hey! Don’t harass regulars like that, okay?”

Me: “O… kay?”

(The customer came back and got her smoothie, no problems. The two of us were both all smiles. All right, GM, sorry for harassing this customer because I’m trying to follow the law, and sorry for not recognizing her as a regular because I don’t work nearly as much as you said I would.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!