Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

You Could Start The Call With “Hail, Satan!” And They Wouldn’t Hear It

, , , , | Right | May 25, 2022

I work in a small company that isn’t a chain store, fielding calls.

Me: “[Company #1].”

Caller: “[Company #2] transferred me here; they said you would have all of my information.”

I’m confused, because our store doesn’t have the ability to transfer calls, and [Company #2] is a completely different business, so there is no way for us to be on a network where they could be transferred.

Me: “I’m sorry, but that’s not the case. [Company #2] and [Company #1] are not affiliated. Could I have your name?”

Caller: “You should have it! It’s in the system.”

Me: “Well, what are you calling about?”

The caller mentions a random issue we don’t handle: think calling a hardware store for a return on a prom dress kind of difference.

Me: “I think you have the wrong number, ma’am.”

Caller: “No, I don’t. I called [Company #2] and they told me to call here.”

So, first, she was transferred, now she was told to call here, and a completely different business said that we would automatically know everything? I get the feeling I’m on a prank call but do my best to keep professional.

Me: “I’m afraid we can’t handle that issue. This isn’t [Company #2]; this is [Company #1].”

Caller: “WHY DIDN’T YOU SAY SO, YOU B****?”

Me: “I did, twice; at the beginning of this call.”

Caller: “Liar!” *Clicks*

The majority of my employed life has firmly instilled the belief that people are nitwits and nobody listens to a thing you say if you’re on the other side of the counter.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!