Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

You Can’t Outrun Your Finances

, , , | Friendly | October 10, 2019

(I am shopping in a miniature mall: three stores shared the same entrance. Suddenly, I hear:)

Lady: “Sir! Sir!”

(I look to the woman who is trying to rush after a man while pulling a “trolley” — a “suitcase for groceries” — obviously filled with groceries. The trolley slows her down a lot. A lot of people look up, except for one man, who has a pace quite a bit faster than hers.)

Lady: “Sir! Sir-with-the-brown-jacket-and-blond-hair!”

(This causes the man to stop and look back.)

Lady: *catches breath* “Sir, you lost your wallet!”

Man: “My… my… Oh, thank you!”

Lady: “Here you go, sir.”

Man: “Thank you, thank you! How did you know?”

Lady: “I saw you drop it in front of [Store]. It wouldn’t feel right to just let it go if I knew who it belonged to, right? Now, have a nice day!”

Man: “But… Wait… Don’t you want…?” *opening his wallet*

Lady: “What? Why? It’s your wallet, not mine. Have a nice day!”

(The lady left the storefront and I saw the man looking around a few times, checking his wallet, and then putting the wallet away. Thinking back, seeing that lady trying to rush through the hall with her heavy trolley was a silly sight, but in the end, she did catch up with him!)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!