Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

You Can Tell When It’s Not Going To Go Swimmingly

, , , | Right | October 7, 2018

(I work at a water park. On this day we were closing early. A customer walks up to window with his son behind him, looks ahead, and sees a kid on his bike that’s going to come in.)

Customer: “Hey, kid, you can’t swim with your bike!”

(We do allow bikes since we have a bike rack for people to put them on.)

Coworker: “They are allowed to bring those in. I just wanted to let you know we close in about thirty minutes.”

Customer: “Are you f****** s***ting me?!”

Coworker: “No, sir.”

Customer: “Well, since it’s only thirty minutes, you should let me in for free.”

Coworker: “I can’t do that, sir.”

Customer: “Yeah, you can just turn your head.”

Coworker: “No, sir.”

Customer: “Well, if you won’t she—” *points to me as I am sitting behind my coworker* “—can!”

(I get up and go into the office where all of our supervisors and head guards are, and ask any of them to please come help. As I am doing this, my coworker has said we can get the manager, and now the customer has his head in the window shouting:)

Customer: “Manager, oh, manager!”

Supervisor: “Is there anything to do here, or are you on your way out?”

Customer: “Look. I promised my son he could swim, and now he’s not going to be able to, so you should just let us in free for the last thirty minutes.”

Supervisor: “No, I’m not going to do that; you can either pay or leave.”

Customer: “Fine.”

(He hands over his money and goes in, but the coworker doesn’t tender it because she sees him turn right back around in the park and start walking towards her.)

Customer: “Is this pool closed?!”

(We have two pools, and our pool that has the slides and lazy river has been closed for about a week.)

Coworker: “Yes, sir.”

Customer: “Just give me my d*** money back.”

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!