Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

You Can Order Cake By Mail?!

, , | Right | CREDIT: SunRaies29 | July 23, 2021

I work the counter of a very small bakery. There are two other people I share shifts with, the owner is one of two bakers, and I’m technically the cake decorator but I work the counter so that I can earn consistent money. Small. You get it.

Despite this, we get many orders for cakes and other goodies. Unbeknownst to me, the man who called us yesterday placed an order for a cake to be mailed to him one state away. I only learn this when he calls to complain that it hasn’t arrived.

Me: “Good morning, [Bakery]!”

Caller: “Hi, I’m calling about a cake that was supposed to be delivered to [Town] yesterday. It hasn’t shown up yet.”

Me: “I’m sorry. I don’t know anything about the order, but I can give you my boss’s email address and you can send her a message. She’ll be able to help you better than I can.”

Caller: “I don’t have time to email anyone! I’m at work and I’m busy!

Me: “Sir, I’m sorry, but I can’t help you. I don’t know anything about the order.”

Caller: “Where’s the girl that took the order?! Can I talk to her?!

Me: “I don’t know who took your order, sir. There’s like five of us here who answer the phone.”

Caller: “Where are the other five, then?! Are they anywhere around you?!”

Me: “No, I’m the only one here.”

Caller: “Well, that is just disgusting. How do you—”

Me: “Sir, we are a very small bakery. I’m the only person here and I’m trying to help you as best I can. I can give you the owner’s email and she will be able to help you.”

Caller: “Okay. Yes, I’ll email the owner. What’s the email?”

Me: “It’s [email address].”

Caller: “Thank you. I’ll email her.”

Me: “Okay, have a nice day!”

I texted my boss about it, just to let her know what had happened. She called me later to hear the full story because she was going to call and reprimand the caller for their behavior toward me. And the best part?

She checked the tracking number for the package. The cake had been delivered at 11:17 the morning before, when it was supposed to have been delivered.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!