Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

You Beerly Did Anything

, , , , | Right | January 28, 2022

We have to card everyone who wants to purchase an alcoholic beverage. I’m manning concessions and a couple comes up to me.

Male Customer: “Can we each have a [beer]?”

Me: “May I see your ID, please?”

The woman shows me her ID and I enter her date of birth into the system. The man checks his pockets.

Male Customer: “Oh, I forgot my ID, so never mind.”

“Crisis averted,” I think, because he didn’t get upset at me since I couldn’t serve him his beer. I say what I think to be a polite follow-up.

Me: “Okay, then! Would you like something else to drink?”

Male Customer: *Suddenly mad* “You know, I didn’t get offended at you for asking for my ID. You don’t have to have an attitude with me.”

Me: “Oh, I didn’t mean to have an attitude. I’m sorry about that.”

Male Customer: “It’s just that I was fine with you checking my ID, but now you have a tone with me.”

Me: “I’m sorry, sir. I didn’t mean to upset you.”

The guy ended up storming off while his girlfriend paid for her drink. After they both left, I turned to my coworker and asked if I’d had an attitude, and she said I was just talking normally. Either she or another coworker ended up telling the assistant manager about what happened, just in case the guy ended up complaining. I didn’t get in trouble that day, and I still wonder what made him so upset.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!