Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

You Are Why We Need Days Off

| Right | April 20, 2015

Me: “May I help you, ma’am?”

Customer: “I’d like this dress shirt in a size small.”

Me: “It appears that the store only carries these shirts down to a medium. But you may feel free to order a small online.”

Customer: “I don’t understand; why it isn’t available in the store?”

Me: “I’m sorry, but our store doesn’t carry it in that size. But you may order it online. It’s practically the same as buying it here.”

Customer: “I don’t understand why I can’t just buy it here. Don’t you work in this department?”

Me: “Actually, no. The staff-member that specializes in men’s had a morning shift, so she’s not here now.”

Customer: “Well, I don’t understand why she can’t help me.”

Me: “Um, because she had the morning shift. And since it’s the afternoon, she’s no longer here.”

Customer: “I just don’t understand why someone can’t be here to help me.”

Me: “Do you expect everyone to be here 24/7?”

Customer: “I just can’t understand why she’s not here.”

Me: “Ma’am, do you have a job?”

Customer: “Yes.”

Me: “Why aren’t you there right now?”

(Pause.)

Customer: “I can’t talk to you right now.”

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!