Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

You Are My Sunshine, My Nerdy Sunshine

| Romantic | July 8, 2014

(My fiancé, some friends, and I all go to a huge Anime convention. I am dressed up as a character who has one exposed arm in her outfit, with lots of elaborate tattoos. It is very hot and sunny, so I end up getting a pretty bad sunburn. When we get back to the hotel, my fiancé and I hop in the shower to wash off the grime from the day and the tattoos I had painted on me.)

Fiancé: *randomly starts scrubbing me* “You looked like you needed help.”

Me: “Yeah… this paint is actually pretty hard to get off.”

(After several long minutes of scrubbing and rinsing, my fiancé starts laughing really hard.)

Me: “What? What’s so funny?”

Fiancé: “Your arm! You still have tattoos on it!”

(The paint apparently saved my skin from being burnt, so I have crazy pale, swirling, lines that are really noticeable against my burnt skin.)

Me: “Looks like I’m permanently this character…”

Fiancé: “Hey, at least [Friend] has a stencil for tomorrow! It will make painting your arm easier and faster!”

(Everyone got a kick out of the odd sun tattoo I earned, and sure enough, my friend did use it as a stencil for the next day!)


This story is part of the Sunscreen roundup!

Read the next Sunscreen roundup story!

Read the Sunscreen roundup!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!