Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Y’all Ever Hear Of Benefits?

, , , , , | Related | October 21, 2022

My fourteen-year-old step-brother is looking to make some extra cash. His mother (my stepmother) asks if there is anything I can have him do, so I offer him $50 to mow my half-acre lawn.

The next day, my stepmother calls.

Stepmother: “You owe [Step-Brother] more money.”

Me: “Why?”

Stepmother: “He was at your house all day for $50! That’s child labor abuse!”

Me: “I picked him up, fueled the lawn mower, and dropped him off at your house. That’s all gas paid out of my pocket.”

Stepmother: “Yes, but—”

Me: “I also fed him before and after he mowed.”

Stepmother: “Well—”

Me: “He also took a shower here, which is water and electricity on my bill. So, yes, I do think $50 is more than fair for a fourteen-year-old working one hour when I provide everything else that day.”

Stepmother: “You could have given him a little extra. He was helping you.”

Me: “I am capable of mowing my own lawn, but you insisted that I should help him earn money.”

She hung up.

My step-brother called later to apologize and thank me for the cash. He told her all the extra things I did for him, but she still only heard that he made $50 for spending about five hours at my house and decided I was taking advantage of him.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!