Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Wrong Bread And Stealing Dough

| Working | October 4, 2013

(I go to the store after I get off work for a loaf of bread I know is on special for $0.88. I walk up to the self-checkout, which is all that is open. However, the price rings up differently from what I expected.)

Me: “Oops. Can you void this out? I meant to grab the one that was $0.88.”

Clerk: “Yeah, okay.”

(I go grab the correct bread, and return to the check out.)

Clerk: “Uh uh, that ain’t the right one either.”

Me: “Excuse me?”

Clerk: “That’s the wrong loaf.”

Me: “Okay, I checked the number on the package to the number on the shelf.”

Clerk: *rolls eyes* “No, it’s the one with the white paper on it.”

Me: “I don’t understand what you’re trying to—look, can you maybe just page someone back there to help me, please?”

Clerk: “Uhhh, I can’t just leave.”

Me: “I’m not asking you to—I’m just going to go somewhere else.”

Clerk: “Whatever, I don’t give a f*** where you shop!”

(I go to have a conversation with the store manager the next day. When they pull up footage to confirm exactly which cashier it is, they end up discovering that she has also been stealing from the registers. So, she got fired AND went to jail.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!