Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Write Down Or Get Written Up

, , , | Learning | October 2, 2017

(I work for a higher learning academy, which is a bit like a college or university. One day, a man comes in to inquire about a course we run. I tell him all the details of the course and the conversation runs smoothly, until this.)

Me: “All right, sir, I’m just going to need your details to get you admitted to the academy. Can I have your name, please?”

Man: *rattles off a long, foreign name, speaking very quickly*

Me: *knowing I’m going to struggle to spell it* “Could you please write that down for me?” *hands him some paper and a pen*

Man: “What?! I should not have to write that down!” *goes into a long rant about how I’m racist and thick for not being able to spell a name*

Me: “Sir, I am anything but racist. I have a mild form of dyslexia and sometimes find it easier and quicker to get clients to write names down.”

Man: “That’s just stupid. They should not have a stupid b**** doing this job!”

Me: “I’m sorry you feel this way. I, however, love my job, and most people are understanding. Should I not continue with the application?”

Man: *sheepishly writes his name down for me, still muttering*

(The kicker: he was joining a course to become a support worker for people with mental and physical disabilities. I don’t know if he actually joined the course and passed, but I sure hope not!)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!