Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Wow. You Really Ruined It For Everyone.

, , , | Right | CREDIT: Avocado90266 | November 6, 2021

Long ago, at a wonderful company that no longer exists, we could book ourselves the employee rate in Hawaii. The reservation had to get approved by the host hotel, based on the availability of the rate, and our own human resources department had to sign the authorization, as well. Nice perk!

So, one fine day, one of our call center employees showed up at [Resort] with her family. She had booked the reservation but had failed to perform the required authorization steps. Her request to check in on the employee rate was denied.

The clanging-bell fit she threw in the lobby rang out across the islands. The ear-splitting shrieks about having paid for airfare and flying six hours to get there echoed all the way back to the mainland US.

Our poor host hotel had a lobby full of check-ins forced to witness the spectacle.

She and her family were removed forcibly, she lost her job, and all of our employees worldwide lost the privilege of the employee rate at all of our resorts and hotels in Hawaii.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!