Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Wow. She Actually Said It.

, , , , , | Working | October 20, 2021

I’m in an unfamiliar town and I’m trying to grab a coffee before I have to get back to the car. I walk past three busy coffee shops, all with queues stretching out the door. I carry on down the road and spot a little independent shop down a side road, and no queue! I head inside and it looks really quaint, but it’s nearly empty save one seated customer and the cashier, currently on her phone. 

Me: “Could I have a large—”

She puts her hand up to silence me. I wait and wait.

Me: “Can I have a large mocha, please?”

Cashier: *Sighs* “We’re out.”

Me: “Okay, err, a large cappuccino.”

Cashier: *Sighs* “Fine.”

I wasn’t finished ordering, but frankly, I am done with her. She makes the coffee and slams it down on the table, spilling it. She looks at me with a mix of expectation and attitude.

Me: “Are you going to tell me my total? The price isn’t listed.”

Cashier: “It’s [total].”

I pay cash and grab my coffee, and then she stops me.

Cashier: “Oh, yeah, fill this out. You can win a cake or [something].”

She gives me a feedback form.

Me: “Yeah, I will, actually, and don’t think I won’t make a comment about your crappy attitude.”

Cashier: “They don’t pay me to care.”

The shop wasn’t there the next time I visited. Such a shame so many independent places are disappearing, but in this case, I can’t blame the big corporate chains.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!