Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Would You Like Your Scam For Here Or To Go

, , , , | Right | August 1, 2012

(It is not very busy, but we are short-staffed so everyone is working hard. My manager helps me bag a particularly big order.)

Me: “Okay, ma’am, I believe my manager and I got all of your food. But, just in case, let me go over your receipt again.”

Customer: “Okay.”

(We go over the receipt together and find everything is correct.)

Customer: “Thank you, dear.”

Me: “You are very welcome, ma’am!”

Manager: “Did you go over her order again before you let her leave?”

Me: “Yes!”

(Five minutes later a man walks in brandishing a receipt and yelling.)

Man: “You idiots messed up my order!”

Me: “I’m sorry, sir. Can I help you?”

Man: “Yeah, I came through drive-thru and didn’t get half of my order!”

(I look over the receipt and see it is from the previous customer that I just helped.)

Me: “Sir, I don’t think this is your order. I packed this order a few minutes ago, and it was for a lady on counter.”

Man: “How dare you accuse me of lying! I want to talk to your manager!”

Me: “Fine.”

(The manager proceeds to tell him the same thing, but he won’t stop screaming at her. Eventually, he demands to see the store manager.)

Store Manager: “What seems to be the problem, sir?”

Man: “Look, I came through the drive-thru. This is my receipt, but your stupid employees won’t give me my food!”

Store Manager: “Well, sir, I am certain this is not your receipt.”

Man: “Oh yeah? Prove it!”

Store Manager: “Well, the top of the receipt says the order was taken from the register at the counter, which means it could not have been for a drive-thru order. And, according to the receipt, this was ‘Katie’s’ order. You don’t look like a ‘Katie.'”

Man: *thinks for a minute, then leaves defeated*


This story is part of our Scammer roundup!

Want to read the next story? Click here!

Want to see the roundup? Click here!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!