Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Would You Cheese Be More Specific

, , , , | Right | August 13, 2020

I pick online orders at a grocery store. Customers forget to add one or two items to their orders all the time. It’s no big deal to add on a forgotten item to the order. I have just finished shopping an order and I call the customer to discuss an out-of-stock item. She is okay with my substitution, and she adds this comment.

Customer: “So, I couldn’t figure out how to add one thing to my online cart when I was trying to place the order.”

Me: “Okay, what did you want to add?”

Customer: “I believe it was the chunk cheese.”

Me: “All right, which type did you want?”

Customer: “Yeah, it was the chunk cheese. It wouldn’t let me add that.”

Me: “I can grab it for you and add it to your order. Which kind did you want?”

Customer: “The chunk cheese.”

Me: *Mental head-desk* “What type of chunk cheese did you want?”

Customer: “It’s buy-one-get-one.”

Me: “Okay, did you have a specific type in mind?”

Customer: “Yes, one mild and one sharp.”

I decided it’s not worth it to ask for a brand, especially since I can look for the BOGO price tag.

Me: “Okay, I will grab that for you.”

Customer: “Are you able to add that to my order?”

Me: “Yes.”

Customer: “Really?”

Me: “Yes. I will add one mild cheddar and one sharp cheddar chunk cheese that’s BOGO to your order. Is there anything else you would like to add?”

Customer: “No, that was it.”

Me: *Internally* “Thank God for that.”

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!