Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Dream Relationship

| Romantic | September 17, 2013

(My fiancé and I have gone out to a build-your-own-burger restaurant on a whim. The waitress brings the check.)

Waitress: “And just so you know, we’re currently having a fundraiser. One of our former employees is looking to make a biking trip all across [foreign country], and help out with charitable groups. If you could spare anything to help him out, we’d really appreciate it!”

Me: “Well, I don’t know about you, but I don’t have any cash on me.”

Fiancé: “I don’t either.”

Me: “Wait, what about those dollar bills I gave you earlier?”

(My fiancé is notorious for leaving spare cash around the house, since he doesn’t put it back in his wallet and then it falls out of his pockets.)

Fiancé: “Oh yeah.” *takes the crumpled bills out of his pocket*

Me: “Well, we might as well put those to use in helping someone else achieve their life-long dream. ”

Fiancé: “But… what about my life-long dream?”

Me: “But don’t you already have me?”

(My fiancé pauses, laughs, and puts the bills into the envelope, commenting that I do indeed have a point.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!