Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Working A Double

| Right | January 3, 2014

(I work as a sales associate for an electronics store in a mall. Another sales associate gets a new job and peacefully quits this job, leaving his name badge behind. A couple days later, just for fun, I put his name badge on and begin helping customers normally. My manager gets a chuckle out of this, but lets me continue. Over time, I forget I have the wrong name badge on. The next day, a customer comes in that I talked to the previous day. I approach her wearing my name badge.)

Me: “Hello. Welcome to [Electronics Store]. How can I help you?”

Customer: “I was talking with [Former Employee] yesterday and I would like to get more information on a product before I buy it. Is he in?”

(I look over at my manager standing at the end of the counter. He is listening to the exchange and looks back at me with wide eyes. I give him a smile.)

Me: “Sure! I’ll go get him.”

(I go to the office. I put on the former employee’s name badge, then go back to the sales floor.)

Me: “Welcome back, ma’am! How can I help you?”

(The customer begins asking me questions about a product as if I was a different person. I try to keep a straight face while my manager, now hunched over the counter, is erupting in laughter. Eventually, I answer all the customer’s questions. She buys the product and leaves, not once realizing I am the same person.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!