Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Won’t Take A Back-Seat In These Proceedings

| Right | February 14, 2015

(My younger sister and I are attending a concert given by a popular holiday rock band in a local city. Five minutes into the concert a woman and man come up to my sister and me.)

Woman: “You’re in our seats.”

Me: “How can that be possible? I had an usher show us to our seats.”

Woman: “I don’t care. You’re in our seats!” *she turns to the man she’s with* “Go get an usher so they can show these children to their proper seats!”

(A few moments later the man returns with an usher.)

Usher: “What seems to be the problem here?”

Woman: “These little girls are in our seats! I want you to escort them to their proper seats! I can’t believe you let unsupervised children into a concert!”

(Before the usher could say anything I interject.)

Me: “Ma’am, I am a student at a local college and therefore I am not a child. I am 23 years old and more than old enough to act as a legal guardian for my younger sister. I had an usher show my sister to our seats; therefore I do not believe that I am in your seat. I will, however, cooperate with the usher on this matter so we resolve it quickly and enjoy the rest of the show.”

(I hand my ticket to the usher and the woman reluctantly does the same.)

Usher: “Ma’am, these young women are in their proper seats. Your seats are on the other side of the entry way.” *she turns to my sister and me* “I apologize for the confusion and the trouble. Please enjoy the show!”

(When the couple and the usher walked away, the people around me gave me a small round of applause and a ‘you go girl!’)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!