Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Won’t Let You Live This Down For An Age

| Working | August 29, 2014

(I am 15, and have always looked younger than I am. My younger brother is 12. A lot of people think he is older than I am. We would commonly go to movies together, but since I babysat and he didn’t have much income source, I usually paid for the tickets. We are going to a PG-13 movie; my mother knew the movie and had approved it for my 12-year-old brother.)

Me: “Two tickets for [Popular Fantasy Series].”

Ticket Agent: “That’s rated PG-13.”

Me: “Yes, it is.”

Ticket Agent: “You have to be 13 to buy a ticket to that.”

Me: “I’ve never heard of that. But, I’m actually 15.”

Ticket Agent: “Do you have ID?”

Me: “Not really. I’m 15, so, I don’t have a driver’s license or anything.”

Ticket Agent: “You can’t buy the tickets without ID. How about a student ID?”

Me: “I’m homeschooled. I have an expired ID from when I went to one class at the junior high. It’s two years old, though.”

(I give him my expired id that happens to still be in my wallet.)

Ticket Agent: “This just proves that you went to [junior high], two years ago.”

Me: “Which would have meant that two years ago I was in seventh grade, at least, which means that I’m in ninth grade. Which would generally make me older than 13.”

Ticket Agent: “You have to be older than 13.”

Me: “I am.”

Ticket Agent: “I can’t sell them to you.”

(Dejectedly, I walk away from the counter and go tell my brother.)

Brother: “Give me the money.”

(I give him money for the tickets, telling him it won’t work, because he actually isn’t thirteen. After a few moments, he comes back, tickets in hand.)

Me: “How did you convince him you were 13?”

Brother: “He didn’t ask.”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!