Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Won’t Get To Hear The High Notes

| Right | May 6, 2014

(I work event security for part time work. Usually it’s pretty mellow, and I just tell people they can’t bring in outside food and beverages. This event is a huge dub-step concert, and it is widely known that most people will try to sneak ‘stuff’ (like drugs) in by the strangest ways. There are a few giveaways when we think someone is trying to sneak stuff in. I notice a tall, skinny guy in his early 20s walking a bit off and see that his eyes are bloodshot.)

Me: “Hello, sir. How are you doing today?”

Guest: “Uh, I’m fine…”

(The guest pauses and starts walking away with a worried look on his face.)

Me: “Hold on one second. I noticed you were walking a bit off. Are you doing all right?”

Guest: “Oh, yeah, haha. I’m okay, I guess. It’s just hot, and uh, yeah.” *continues to try to walk away*

Me: “Just out of curiosity, you wouldn’t happen to be trying to hide any contraband to bring inside the venue, would you?”

Guest: “Pft! F*** no. F*** that s***. F*** you for assuming that. Is it because I’m white?”

Me: “Sir, I’m white, too… Since you don’t have anything on you, you wouldn’t mind if one of our K-9 units sniffed you, right?”

Guest: *still looking worried* “I don’t have to f****** do that! F*** you, lady!”

Me: “And I don’t have to let you in. Here’s what I’m going to do. Whatever it is you have on you, give it up now, all of it, and I’ll let you go into the venue with no consequences. If you do not give it up right now, I can have you arrested for possession. This is your only free pass. Take it or leave it. Which will it be?”

(I see him contemplating this, which is just another give-away.)

Guest: “I don’t have nothin’ on me, b****, so take that.”

(At this point I have him step off to the side while an officer with a K-9 unit comes over.)

Me: “Last chance for a free pass, man. All you have to do is surrender whatever it is you are hiding, and I’ll let you go in and have fun. You paid a lot of money to come here. Is it worth not going in just to hold onto some stuff?”

Guest: “F*** you, b****. I don’t have nothin’ on me. I just want to go inside and have fun.”

Me: *sigh*

(Almost as soon as the K-9 gets near us, he makes his motions and sounds indicating he is picking something up.)

Officer: “Sir, what do you have on you?”

Guest: “F*** off, a**hole. I just want to go inside.”

Officer: “I know you have something. Do you want me to find it the easy way or the hard way?”

Me: *puts on latex gloves, dramatically snapping the wrist as if I’m ready for a cavity search*

Guest: “Oh, you mean like drugs? Yeah, I forgot I lent these shorts to a friend, and he, uh, must have left some stuff in the pockets without me remembering. I don’t do that s***.”

(The officer and I look at each other, rolling our eyes and trying not to laugh.)

Officer: “Sir, can you empty your pockets, please?”

(The guest reaches into the back of his shorts, pulls a small baggie from his rectum containing packaged heroin, Molly, Ecstasy, and cocaine, throws it at me, and tries to walk away. The officer and I stop him.)

Guest: “WHAT THE F***, YOU B****! YOU SAID I COULD F****** GO IN IF I GAVE YOU THE F****** DRUGS!”

Me: “Yes, and you denied that you had anything. I let you know that if you didn’t give it up, you would be arrested for possession.”

Guest: “I JUST GAVE IT UP, B****!”

Me: “After your free pass expired…”

(He continued to curse at me while the officer and I walked him over to the security tent to get booked. We let him know he would not be arrested, but that he was no longer allowed to enter the venue, that his ticket would be confiscated, that he would be walked off the property, and that if he was found back on the property he WOULD be arrested for trespassing. I walked him off the property as he continually mumbled that I was a ‘f****** b****.’ Since I’m a female, the officer trailed behind to make sure I didn’t have any more problems. I started to walk back in when the guest runs up behind me, and punches me square across the face. Only seconds later, the dog was on him. All I got was a bruise on my cheek and a laugh about his stupidity. He got arrested for trespassing, assaulting me, and for the smorgasbord of drugs that were currently in his system.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!