Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

WMDs: Women Of Massive Delusions

| Related | February 24, 2012

(I’m at my aunt’s house for thanksgiving. I’m listening to one of my uncles (who’s very right-wing) having a talk with his college-age daughter. They are discussing the US invasion of Iraq in 2003.)

Cousin: “What I don’t understand is, why we don’t just, like, take over the whole world? I mean, we’re America!” *laughs*

Uncle: *slightly taken aback* “Well, we could. But if we did, there would probably be a lot of fighting, and a lot of people would die.”

Cousin: “Oh!” *laughs again* “You know, you hear about wars all over the place. Except for Africa. Why don’t they ever have wars in Africa?”

Uncle: *even more taken aback* “Um…well, they do, actually.”

Cousin: *laughs again* “Oh! So, like, what do they do…throw spears at each other?”

(I gulp down the entire glass of wine in my hand, and go to get another large glass. I gulp that one down, too.)


This story is part of our Terrible Cousins roundup!

Read the next Terrible Cousins roundup story!

Read the Terrible Cousins roundup!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!