Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Wishing Mom Was As Shy As Her Daughter

, , , , | Learning | October 20, 2020

I teach bike camps to children as a summer job while I’m in high school. After my usual seven-hour shift, I also teach a private lesson to a three-year-old girl.

She is a bit timid, but no big deal; I get shy kids all the time! The mom comes up to me, and I start doing my usual introduction.

Mom: *Interjecting* “I want her to be able to ride without her training wheels by the end of the week so she can ride around our campsite alone.”

I explain that I don’t think that will be possible, as she is very young and shouldn’t be riding alone. She begrudgingly agrees.

Later, I am helping the girl to ride when her mom suddenly starts yelling at me. Keep in mind that her daughter is riding fine.

Mom: “MY DAUGHTER IS SCARED OF YOU! GO HIDE IN A BUSH!”

Me: “Excuse me, ma’am?”

Mom: “YOU HEARD ME! GO HIDE IN A BUSH AND SHE WILL BIKE BETTER!”

For the rest of the week, she insisted I hide for an hour while her daughter glided with her feet on the ground. I will never understand some people. What a waste of money!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!