Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Wishes She Could Exchange Her Child

, | Right | February 18, 2016

(I’m working in a kiosk inside a shopping center that sells mostly toys. A mother with her ten-year-old son comes and start looking for an action figure.)

Me: “From that series we have only this two models left. We are going to get some more next week.”

Mother: “This are fine, thank you.” *to her son* “Which one do you want?”

Son: “Mm… eh… This one! No, no! This one!”

(I gave him the toy and I put the other one back in the place where I took it from. The mother pays and the little kid start getting anxious.)

Son: “No, no! I want the other one! I don’t know which one to choose!”

Mother: “Okay… Can we exchange it?”

Me: “Of course!”

(I take the second toy from its place and I gave it to the kid, who ended up exchanging them. I save the first one and immediately he starts throwing a fit.)

Son: “NO, THE OTHER ONE! I DON’T KNOW WHICH ONE TO CHOOSE!”

(The kid starts crying and screaming. Everyone is now looking at us. I take the saved toy and exchange them again. The kid seems happier for a moment.)

Mother: “That’s it? That’s the one you wanted?”

Son: “Yes! No! I DON’T KNOW WHICH ONE TO CHOOSE!”

(The kid starts with the tantrum AGAIN, screaming and falling to the floor crying. I have no idea what to do anymore and the mother starts to laugh because she can’t believe what’s happening.)

Mother: “Okay, let’s exchange it one more time!”

Son: *happily* “Okay!”

(He stands up and I exchange the toys. The same thing follows two more times: I gave him the toy and as soon I take the other one away, hell is released. I know that he want his mother to buy both of them, but this is insane and the mother doesn’t take the hint or pretend that she doesn’t.)

Mother: *calmly* “That was the last exchange, [Son]. I’m leaving.” *to me* “Thank you for your patience.”

Me: *dumbfounded* “Oh, no problem, ma’am.”

(She leaves, leaving her son still on the floor, screaming and crying.)

Son: “I DON’T KNOW WHICH ONE TO CHOOSE!”

Me: *internally screaming*

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!