Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Wish You Could Vet The Customers

| Right | October 30, 2015

Caller: “Hi, I am looking for pricing quotes for my dog.”

Me: “All right, no problem. What is going on with your dog?”

Caller: “My dog can’t walk and I want [dangerous medication], and my current vet will not sell it to me without checking her blood work first, because it is potentially hazardous to her health. So I am switching vets!”

Me: “Well, our exam cost is [amount] but that only includes the exam, no diagnostics or medications. Once the doctor does her initial exam, we can get you a more accurate estimate based on what the DOCTOR recommends for your pet in order to get her the help she needs safely.”

Caller: “No, I am the paying customer. I tell the doctor what I want and they do it. That is how this works.”

Me: *speechless*

Caller: “I want an appointment. When can I be seen?”

Me: “Our earliest appointment would be tomorrow morning. Would you like me to schedule you in for that?”

Caller: “No, I want to be seen right now. Thank you for wasting my time!” *click*

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!