Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Wish They Had Some Foreshadowing

| Friendly | February 22, 2015

(Two of my friends are in the student opera. I’m hanging out with one of them and she says she has a story to tell me from a rehearsal.)

Friend #1: “So, [Friend #2] and I are in the audience seats since we’re not in that scene, and we see this really strangely shaped shadow. And then we realized it was [Lead Male Actor]’s — well, let’s just say he’s a very ‘manly’ man.”

Me: “Oh, my God, really?”

Friend #1: “Yes, really!”

(Several weeks later, the same friend’s family comes up to visit her for the weekend and take a bunch of us out to dinner. Since they had just finished with the opera it’s fresh in their minds, so we’re talking about it.)

Friend #2: “And then, of course, there was the whole thing with the shadow.”

(At that moment, we all realize that Friend #1’s mother is standing right there.)

Friend #1’s Mother: “What shadow?”

Friend #2: “Well, um, [Lead Male Actor] is so tall that he kept casting shadows on [Friend #1] every time they were standing close to each other and they kept having to move them around so she’d be in the light.”

Friend #1’s Mom: “Oh, okay. I didn’t see any of that happening when I saw the performance. They must have known what they were doing when they fixed it.”

(We barely managed to wait until she walked away before we all almost died laughing!)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!