Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Winter Is Coming…

, , , | Right | September 20, 2018

(It’s the Fourth of July and I’m working the register. A woman in her mid-50s comes up to me.)

Customer: “Where are your winter coats?”

Me: *taken aback* “What?”

Customer: “Your winter coats! I’m looking for them.”

Me: “Um, well, we’re not selling any right now. You’re welcome to check the 70%-off rack, since that’s from last winter, but other than that, I’m afraid they won’t be in for a while.”

Customer: “Don’t lie to me! I know you get the seasons in early.”

Me: “It’s true, we do get clothing for each season in early, but it’s July.”

Customer: “So?”

Me: “So… we won’t even be getting the fall stuff until the end of this month.”

Customer: “Well, then, where am I supposed to get a winter coat?”

Me: *trying to be helpful* “Well, I’m sure you could check [Thrift Store] in [Town ten miles away]. They should have out-of-season stuff.”

Customer: *angry* “I don’t drive! I need something here!”

Me: “Okay, well, you could check [Famous Outdoor Sporting Company]. I know they ship right to your house.”

Customer: “I don’t want to order anything! I want something here!

Me: “Well, unfortunately, we don’t have any winter coats except what few are left on clearance.”

Customer: “But why don’t you have anything now?

Me: *fed up* “Because it’s July.”

(The woman storms out. My manager comes over, having seen her leave angrily.)

Manager: “What was that about?”

Me: “She was mad because we didn’t have any winter coats.”

Manager: “Did you tell her to check the clearance racks?”

Me: “Yup. She was mad we didn’t have new ones.”

Manager: “But… it’s July.”

Me: “Believe me, I know.”


This story is part of our July 4th roundup!

Want to read the next story? Click here!

Want to read the roundup? Click here!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!