Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Trying To Get A Laptop Lap-Dance

| Romantic | September 10, 2014

(For three weeks I kept having to come into the same IT store and speak to the same guy over a somewhat important component for my new laptop that wasn’t working when I first purchased it. The last time I go in, I am with my little brother and we are just waiting on the IT guy to bring the new part to the front desk.)

IT Guy: “So I checked the [important component] works out the back, but we’ll just check it works on your computer too before we close the service job. Some of the other guys here might accuse me of purposely screwing this up so I can keep seeing you!”

Me: *blushes* “Um, thanks?”

(I pull out my laptop and we check the component works with it before I take the component and put it away with the laptop, satisfied the whole situation is sorted.)

IT Guy: “Great! Now that’s all done, you won’t have to come back in here! Although personally I hope your whole laptop dies so you’ll have to come back so I can keep seeing such a pretty lady!”

Me: “Geez, I hope it doesn’t die! I really need it to work after all this running around trying to find a part!”

IT Guy: “Yeah, well, I do… But I don’t… But really, I do.”

Brother: *sensing this is getting a little awkward* “Well, thanks! Bye!” *drags me out of store*

(To the IT guy: dude, you helped me out so much, but you were so much older than me, and that conversation, wishing me absolute failure with my brand new laptop, got REALLY awkward, really fast. But you made me laugh, and embarrassed my brother heaps!)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!