Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Will Leave You Milk-Shaken  

, , | Right | January 8, 2020

(I have one employee in the back and one employee with me to help customers while it’s slow. A man comes up to the register while I’m about to help another customer.)

Me: “Hello, sir, can I help you?”

Customer: “Yeah, I think I want a milkshake.”

Me: “Okay, then.”

(I pause while I take a glance to see if I need to call out my other employee. I gauge that I should and ask my other employee to go get him.)

Me: “And what flavor did you want, sir?”

Customer: “I’ll take vanilla.”

Me: “All right, that’ll be $2.89.”

Customer: “So, you don’t make milkshakes very often, huh?”

Me: “I’m sorry?”

Customer: “It just seems like you aren’t really prepared, like I threw you off.”

Me: “We make a lot of milkshakes, every day, actually. I just can’t be in two places at once to help you and the other customers.”

Customer: “Oh, all right.”

(I walk over and start making his milkshake. Customers can see inside of the ice cream cooler. I use a very small remaining amount of ice cream in one tub and have to open a new tub.)

Customer: *pointing* “Why didn’t you just use that tub there, huh?”

Me: “Because that’s frozen yogurt, not ice cream.”

Customer: “Oh, all right.”

(I spin his milkshake and pour it out. As it’s cold and thick, it doesn’t all come out at once. As I’m jostling the tin to get the rest out, the customer speaks up.)

Customer: “Oh, you didn’t quite make it right, huh? That’s okay; you can just fill it the rest of the way with milk.”

(As I pour out the rest of the milkshake to completely fill his cup, I turn to him.)

Me: “That won’t be necessary.”

Customer: “Oh, all right.”

Me: “Here you go, sir. Have a great day.”

Customer: “All right.”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!