Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Will Fedex Them The Medical Bill

, , , , , | Working | August 7, 2018

(As tech support for the office, I go into the server room one day and see two of the Uninterruptible Power Supply [UPS] units are showing battery condition warning lights. As these protect vital machines, I order two new batteries to be delivered overnight. UPS batteries are, in this case, sealed lead-acid units, weighing almost thirty pounds each. Next morning, I’m in reception, waiting for them, but someone calls with an urgent tech support issue. While I’m on the phone, a delivery driver walks in, and in almost a mime act, carefully places a deceptively small package on the counter.)

Delivery Driver: “These are UPS batteries, so be careful with them.”

Receptionist: “I don’t care what courier firm you’re from; there’s no special treatment here.”

(The driver was probably in a rush, so he didn’t stop to argue, but was on his way as soon as he was handed the signed delivery note. With a final, “Tsk!” the receptionist grabbed the plastic carrying handle on the package and pulled it off the counter. Her shriek as several pounds of plummeting battery nearly dislocated her shoulder was impressive.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!