Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Will Explain That At The Hearing

, | Right | May 10, 2017

(I am working drive-thru by myself during our dinner rush.)

Customer #1: *arriving at my window*

Me: “Hello! Your total today will be $14.69.”

Customer #1: “No, that isn’t right.”

(At this time, my headset goes off as another customer drives up.)

Me: “Hello, welcome to [Store]. I will be with you in just a moment.”

Customer #2: “Yes, ma’am, that’s okay.”

Me: “Thank you.”

(As I am taking care of Customer #1, a car drives up in the second lane. I tell Customer #1 I need a moment.)

Me: “Hello, welcome to [Store]. I will be with you in just a moment.”

Customer #3: “I want a hamburger!”

Me: “I’m sorry, sir. One moment, please.”

Customer #3: “Add a large fry to that.”

Me: “I need just a minute, please.”

Customer #3: “And a large chocolate shake.”

(I don’t even bother trying to tell him I need another minute, because he obviously isn’t listening. I turn my headset off and finish helping Customer #1, who is friendly the entire time. I go back to Customer #2.)

Me: “I apologize for the wait. May I take your order?”

(I take her order, and she is also friendly. However, before I can even store her order into the system, Customer #3 is at my window. I open my window, and before I can say anything, Customer #3 is yelling.)

Customer #3: “WHY DIDN’T YOU TELL ME MY TOTAL?!”

Me: “I’m sorry. What was your order?”

Customer #3: “I SAT THERE AND TOLD YOU MY ORDER CLEARLY, AND YOU STILL DON’T HAVE IT? YOU PEOPLE WORKING ON THESE FAST FOOD PLACES ARE ******* STUPID!”

Me: “Again, I’m sorry. I told you to hold on a moment while I was taking care of another customer.”

Customer #3: “YOU SHOULD HAVE BEEN READY TO TAKE MY ORDER WHEN I DROVE UP! YOUR DUMB A** OBVIOUSLY NEED A HEARING AID!”

(This just happened to be my last day on this job, and I was starting a new, better job in two days. At that moment, I decided I was no longer going to be disrespected by customers.)

Me: “Well, sir, if you would have been listening, I told you three times to hold the f*** on while I was helping another customer. You can either tell me your order again and let me cash you out, or get the f*** out of my drive-thru so I can help my other customers. Decide what you’re going to do in the next ten seconds, or I’ll decide for you.”

Customer #3: “HOW DARE YOU TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? YOU STUPID LITTLE TEENAGE B****!”

Me: “Actually, I am a grown woman.”

Customer #3: “QUIT JOKING AND TELL ME MY D*** TOTAL!”

Me: “All right, it’s been 10 seconds. I hope you have a f****** nice day!”

(I give him a sarcastic smile and close the window. He speeds off, and Customer #2 pulls up to the window.)

Customer #2: “What was his problem?”

Me: “I guess he needs a hearing aid.”

(She laughed and gave me a $5 tip. I have been working at my new job for four months, where I am making double what I was making there, and I am much happier.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!