Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Will Ensure Her Comments Are Parked With You

, , , | Right | July 24, 2020

I’m working at a pizza place and arcade hosting birthday parties, so it’s not a five-star, gourmet restaurant. It’s the weekend and weekends get really crowded because there are a lot of birthday parties. My first “birthday mom” of the day comes up to me with a complaint.

Mom: “Excuse me, but the parking lot is too full and there’s nowhere to park.”

Keep in mind that the store is located in the middle of a mall complex so her guests could park in the lot next door. I respond as politely as I can.

Me: “I’m sorry, ma’am, but there’s not much I can do about that.”

Mom: “Well, there should be. Where are all my party guests going to park?! I have a reserved birthday party and you guys don’t even have parking spaces for them!”

Me: “Ma’am, I have no control over how many parking spaces are available.”

Mom: “I wanna talk to your manager about this!”

I went and found my manager and she told her the same exact thing. For the rest of the party, this mom was not pleased with anything. After the party, when it came time for her to fill out the survey, she wrote, “Have more parking spaces available.”


This story is part of our Birthday Party Roundup!

Read the next Birthday Party Roundup story!

Read the Birthday Party Roundup!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!