Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Wii-U Are Not Listening

| Right | November 25, 2014

(I’m browsing video games in a large national department store where all employees are required to wear red. This particular store, I’ve noticed, is pretty relaxed about what form the red shirt or top can take, as well as the shade of red. Coincidentally, I’m wearing a red t-shirt with a local hockey team’s name across it. A mother and her ten-year-old boy approach me.)

Mother: “Excuse me, is the Nintendo Wii still on sale?”

Son: “Wii-U!”

Me: “I’m not sure. I don’t work here.”

Mother: “Can you call someone back here who would know? He wants the Wii really badly.”

Son: “Wii-U!”

Me: “Well, there’s a customer service button over in movies. That should bring someone over. And I think he wants the Wii-U, the new system they came out with.”

Mother: “You want me to walk over into another department and ring a bell?! What the h*** kind of employee are you?”

Me: “I’m an employee of [National Insurance Company]. I’m not a clerk at this store.”

Mother: “Don’t give me that bull-s***! You’re a punk kid!”

Me: “I’m 26.”

Son: “Wii-U!”

Mother: *grabbing kid’s hand* “You know what? We’ll go to [Well-known Toy Store Chain] and pay full price for the god d*** Wii, because I’m sick of this crap!”

Son: “Wii-U!”

Me: *laughing* “Is that all he says?”

Mother: “HOW DARE YOU!”

(Eventually she was escorted from the store and the manager, after watching the entire exchange on the security tapes, let me use my ’employee’ discount on the game I wanted. I got it for… Wii-U!)


This story is part of our “I Don’t Work Here” roundup!

Read the next roundup story!

Read the roundup!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!