Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Just The Sound Of Phone Robots Is Something Quite Atrocious

| Working | September 22, 2015

(I’ve been discharged from the military and have moved back in with my parents. While they’re at work, I’m cleaning the house. The phone rings…)

Me: “Hello, [Residence].”

Telemarketer: *using generic male salesman voice* “Hello! I am with [Extremely Long and Complicated Company Name]! We are in the area for a free wire replacement! Would you like a free wire replacement?”

Me: “Are you a robot?”

Telemarketer: “No.” *long pause* “Are you aware that many homes are robbed because thieves cut the wire and rewire it for their own use? We are in the area for a free wire replacement! Would you like…”

Me: “Hey, hey, HEY!”

Telemarketer: *stops talking*

Me: “If you are NOT a robot, say ‘Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious’.”

Telemarketer: “I’m sorry, I didn’t catch that. Could you please repeat what you said?”

Me: “I said, ‘If you are NOT a robot, say “Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious”.’”

(The telemarketer gives a thirty-second pause, then laughs in the most mechanical way possible.)

Telemarketer: “Hahaha. We are in the area for a free wire replacement! Would you like…”

Me: “Nope. You didn’t answer my question, so you’re a robot. I believe in two strikes, not three. Goodbye.” *hangs up*

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!