Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Why These Returners Keep Returning

, , , , , | Right | June 1, 2020

I am working at a returns desk at a department store. A man comes up to me.

Customer: “I’d like to return these silk boxers because they’re crap and are falling apart.”

It is summertime and the boxers have a holiday print, so he’s had them at least six months. Yuck! Unfortunately, our store bends over for customers, even when they are wrong.

Me: “Do you have a receipt?”

Customer: “No. I have my credit card bill from December.”

Me: “I am sorry, sir, but our return policy is thirty days.”

He flips out and I call for a manager, but they are all in a meeting. When I finally get someone, management says to give him the last sale price on a store credit. The customer isn’t having that.

Customer: “No! I want cash, and at full purchase price!”

After more screaming, I call management again; they say full-value store credit. He loses it even more, to the point where security is now watching him. I call again, and surprise, surprise, they give him a full refund in cash. Before he leaves, he leans over threateningly and says:

Customer: “If I need another return, I am going to make a point to go to you.”

I was left shaking from his yelling and from anger at management who let a minimum-wage employee get screamed at for thirty minutes for a $10 item. To this day, I can’t believe someone was okay with returning used underwear.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!