Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Why It Pays To Listen

, , , | Right | June 18, 2008

(A customer reserved an expensive feather blanket a week before, and it was on sale when he came to pick it up.)

Customer: “This blanket is on sale!” *waves his reserve slip*

Me: “Yes it is, sir.”

Customer: “I’m not taking it, since I have to pay double the price!”

Me: “You automatically get the discount even though your reservation slip says the price is higher.”

Customer: “I’m not paying the full price for this blanket!”

Me: “Sir, you don’t have to. You get the discount.”

Customer: “Are you a f***ing idiot? I’m not paying the full price! It’s on sale, and I’m only paying the sale price!”

Me: *trying not to laugh* “Sir, I’ve been trying to tell you that our system will automatically sell it for the sale price.”

Customer: “You don’t get it! Let me speak to your manager!”

(I call the manager, and after about 5 minutes of this, he and I finally got the customer to believe he was getting his blanket for the sale price. We laughed a good ten minutes after the guy had left.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!