Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Why Is The Cashier Not A Trained Veterinarian?!

, , , , | Right | October 13, 2018

(I am working in a pet shop as a cashier. A flashy-looking woman, with her sunglasses still on, walks in and asks for assistance.)

Me: “Okay, well, I can get someone for you; but I need to stay at the register.”

Customer: “Well, I’m in a hurry; can you just help me?”

(I figure it’s decently slow, so I call for help and decide to assist her until someone arrives. The woman asks various questions about a flea and tick product, so I help narrow it down to the best quality for the cheapest price.)

Customer: “So, how does this product work? How long does it take? How much do I put on my dog?”

Me: “Well, how much does your dog weigh?”

(I want to narrow down the search a bit more.)

Customer: “I don’t know.”

Me: “Well, what kind of dog is it?”

Customer: “I don’t know!”

Me: “Well, we can look at the back of the box—”

Customer: “Well, can I just get someone else to help me? You obviously don’t know what you are talking about!”

Me: “Uh, okay.”

(I look down the main aisle and see a pet care associate, and ask her for help. As I walk away, I can hear the woman asking the associate why I work in pet store if I am that stupid.)

Associate: “Well, our knowledge is based purely on our own experience with animals and some minimal training; she also works at the register as a cashier.”

(Cashiers are also paid less BECAUSE they don’t have unlimited knowledge of animals!)

Customer: “Well, I guess so.”

(The woman came up later and acted like nothing ever happened. I checked her out and I had to be nice because that is my job. My associate came over later and handed me a care card, commending me for holding my tongue, telling me she, sadly, has had people call her worse.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!