Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Why Do These People Even Hire Specialists?

, , , , , | Right | May 24, 2023

I’m an e-commerce specialist working to analyse and optimise business accounts for marketplace sellers. It still surprises me how often clients assume their opinions are more valuable than my twenty years of hands-on experience.

Recently, I quoted to increase sales on an account. 

Me: “The two most important elements are firstly optimising the listings by improving the titles and removing the unnecessary and confusing subtitles, and then secondly, using marketing options to advertise the account.”

Client: “No, I think the titles are fine, and I want to keep the subtitles. And I can’t afford to spend any money on marketing.”

Me: “Well, as I showed you, your fees just for the subtitles were $2,200 last month for $16,000 sales, and they had no impact. That money could be used instead for marketing, which would have a major impact.”

Client: “No, I don’t want to do that. I’m happy to pay for the subtitles. Just let me know what else you can do to increase sales.”

Me: “…”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!