Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Why Contracts Are A Gazillion Pages Long, Part 2

, , , , | Right | December 10, 2009

Customer: “My phone is broken, but it’s only two months old. I need a replacement.”

Me: “If your phone is less than three months old, I can give you a replacement today. Just let me have a look at it.”

Customer: “Why do you need to see it? It doesn’t work, and I was told if it broke within three months I get a new phone straight away.”

Me: “That’s right, but there are conditions, one being that the phone can’t have any liquid or physical damage. I need to check for that.”

Customer: “Fine, here.”

(When I open up the phone, it stinks of alcohol.)

Me: “Sorry, this smells like it has alcohol on it.”

Customer: “Oh, well, I dropped it in the sink and I know you won’t fix it if it has water damage, but I didn’t have any ethylated spirits, so I soaked it in vodka for two days to dry it out.”

Me: “You’ve just ruined your phone, and now I can’t give you another one.”

Customer: “What?! This is ridiculous! You should be more specific when you sell phones! You need to tell people that they can’t soak it in vodka!”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!