Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Who’s The Man Now

, , , , | Right | October 15, 2008

(It’s past closing time and I’ve just dealt with a rush of three new applications that took fifteen minutes each, and am moving on to the next customer.)

Me: “Sorry about that, what can I do for you?”

Customer: “Well, these movies aren’t working. They are all scratched.”

Me: “Sorry about that. Pick whatever you want and I’ll exchange them.”

Customer: “Thank you.”

(A few minutes later, a big, flannel-clad man walks in.)

Customer’s Husband: “My wife was just in here for half an hour! ”

Me: “I’m sorry about that…” *explains situation*

Customer’s Husband: “I don’t care! You need to have more than one register open! Where is your manager?!”

Me: “He is in the back. We were suppose to close forty-five minutes ago which is why I’m the only one on the register.”

Customer’s Husband: “You idiot! I need to see him now!”

Me: “He’ll be here… now calm down!”

Customer’s Husband: “YOU MADE MY PREGNANT WIFE STAND IN LINE FOR HALF AN HOUR!”

Me: “Well, sir… maybe you should have been a man and came in here instead of your wife.”

Customer’s Husband: *speechless*

(My manager had to pretend to fire me in front of him, but we later joked about him in the back room.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!