Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Whistle While You Don’t Work

, , , , | Right | June 28, 2021

I work for a well-known retail store. My position requires a black polo with my name and the company logo embroidered on it and black pants. My favorite band has just released a new CD exclusively sold at a retail chain known for their red polos and khakis. I am very sweet while at work, but I have a very short tolerance for rude customers, and I am NOT very nice when I am off the clock. I am browsing the other store’s music department after work.

A customer whistles sharply. I ignore him, as I am there with a purpose. The customer whistles again. I finally look up.

Me: “Sorry, did you need something?”

Customer: “About d*** time! They pay you to just stand around and ignore customers?”

Me: “I’m sorry, but one I don’t work here, and two, I’m not a dog, but if you whistle at me like one again, I will be a b****.”

Customer: “How dare you?! I’ll have your job for this, you f****** c***! Manager! Now!”

Me: “You’re welcome to go find him, sir, but I’m afraid you won’t find him here. As I said, I don’t work here.”

The man storms off and returns after a few minutes with a very confused-looking manager.

Customer: “There! That’s the one that swore at me and refused me service!”

Manager: “She doesn’t—”

Customer: “What are you going to do about her? This is terrible customer service! I want her fired!”

The manager and I exchange a glance and a slight shrug, while the customer stands there in his own self-righteous fury.

Manager: “All right…” *squints to read my name on my shirt* “…[My Name]. This is the last straw. Follow me to my office.”

I followed the manager away while the customer stood with his arms crossed, looking very content with himself. The manager pulled me into his office, apologized for the inconvenience, thanked me for playing along, “fired me,” and offered me a $20 store gift card. In the end, I walked out without paying for my CD and had enough left to buy a candy bar, too! Thank you, rude man!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!