Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Can’t Quite Pin Down That Line Of Thinking

| Working | October 24, 2014

(I’m a manger in my store and every manager has their own alarm code so the company knows who turns on/off the alarm. After working nine days in a row, my brain is fried and I have forgotten my code number. After having the store manager close the store I call the alarm company to get my code.)

Alarm Tech: “Thank you for calling [Company]. How may I help you?”

Me: “I am calling about my alarm system.”

Alarm Tech: “Is there a problem with the alarm?”

Me: “Actually there’s a problem with me, I can’t seem to remember my alarm code.”

Alarm Tech: *chuckle* “Okay, we can help with that. Now can I have your four-digit pin?”

Me: “Um, you mean the pin for the alarm?”

Alarm Tech: “Yes, that’s the one.”

Me: “The alarm code I am calling to get because I don’t remember it?”

Alarm Tech: “Yes, if you can just confirm your pin, we can continue from here.”

Me: “You want me to give you my pin that I don’t remember, so you can then just repeat my pin number back to me?”

Alarm Tech: *silence*

Me: “Could you give it to another manager, who can then give it to me?”

Alarm Tech: “I think that may be best.”

(I hand the phone to my store manager, who gives his pin and then gives me mine. Not sure how the tech thought asking me for the pin I forgot was going to work.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!