Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

When Your Manager Daylight Saves You

, , , , , , , | Right | December 6, 2022

The recent daylight savings switch reminded me of this encounter. I am opening the store, and a woman is standing there looking very angry.

Customer: “You were supposed to open an hour ago!”

Me: “Sorry, ma’am. This is our normal opening hour, but it was daylight savings overnight, so maybe you didn’t adjust your watch?

Customer: “How dare you say this is my fault?! Get me your manager… now!”

My manager is summoned and the customer’s complaint is heard.

Manager: “I see, ma’am. Can I see the time on your watch?”

Customer: “It’s 10:05.”

Manager: “That’s amazing, ma’am. Can you tell me what the future is like?”

Customer: “What?!”

Manager: “The future? Since you insist that the time on your watch is the only one that is right, but the time everywhere else in the nation is 9:05, I can only assume you must have traveled back in time to get here. Tell me, did they solve climate change? Is there a human city on Mars?”

Customer: “I’m going to call corporate!”

She storms back into the parking lot, with my manager keeping an eye out.

Manager: *To me* “Ah, maaaan, she’s driving a mini-van. I was hoping for a DeLorean.”

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!