Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

When You Remember That Staff Are Human, Too, Part 2

, , , , , | Right | August 29, 2020

Due to the current health crisis, masks are mandatory. I am working alone in a small shop, and a customer comes in. She’s wearing her mask over her mouth but not her nose. 

Me: “Ma’am, please wear your mask over your mouth and nose or I will have to refuse service.”

Customer: “Why? There isn’t any other customer here. And it’s so annoying to breathe through the mask.”

I would never say this to a customer, usually, because chances are high they’d yell at me, but she’s the fifth or sixth that I need to remind to wear their mask properly so it just slips out before I can stop myself. 

Me: “But I’m here, I’m a person, I breathe, and I think that you wearing your annoying mask for five minutes is better than me getting the illness.”

Luckily, instead of getting angry, she turned red in embarrassment and put on the d*** mask. I’ve had worse people than that — the customers that take down their masks completely whenever they talk are a personal favourite of mine — but really, it’s not that difficult to cover your face for a while.

Related:
When You Remember That Staff Are Human, Too


This story is part of our Anti-Masker roundup.

Read the next Anti-Masker roundup story!

Read the Anti-Masker roundup!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!